Saturday, August 08, 2009

Of Nightmares & Spiritual Attacks


Hi Friends! How are all of you? Yeah, I had been away for a while... not really sure why... haha...

Anyways, I actually had 2 things to share with you, 2 things that happened to me recently. One is on Wednesday night (or Thursday early morning - to be chronologically accurate), and the other was on Thursday at work. The earlier one has to do with what I entitled this post, and the latter has to do with someone who PISSED me off at work, someone I couldn't stand anymore. I had decided to share on the earlier topic, rather than about that stupid somebody, since I'll be leaving soon anyway, and I'll rather have less to do with that person than to dwell on it. But that doesn't mean I wasn't angry! Oh boy, I sure was ANGRY. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

So let's move on then... to what I encountered at around 3am on Thursday. I used to have a lot of nightmares as a kid, some recurring more than the rest e.g. myself falling down from a high place, and that ugly-looking, witchlike woman that keeps appearing at the dining area of my house in Kuching. Of course, most of the times, nightmares are actually spiritual attacks, but the reason why I classified both separately is because spiritual attacks are more real, while nightmares are nothing more than a bad dream. How real is it? Well, I can't tell you, scientifically or logically whether it really happened or not, but it's like it REALLY DID happen, just like you are awake and really experiencing it happening... do you understand what I'm talking about? It's safe to say that, it's not an illusion, or just a hallucination. How do I know it? Well, I just know, ok?

So throughout my life, I had several "attacks", notably 4, with the fourth being the most recent. I'm not going to share about the earlier 3, because it will make this post seems like a horror novella. It'll be too long, anyways, to put everything down on paper, or blog, per se. And before I go on with my sharing, please allow me to clarify a few things. Firstly, the intention of this is NOT to scare you, or create fear. And secondly, you need to know that, our enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. That's in 1 Peter 5:8. Do you know what this verse truly means? I didn't, until a Pastor, I think it's Pastor Joseph Prince, expounded on the full meaning of this verse. Now let me ask you a question: Normally, a lion does not go around roaring, while seeking for its prey, right? A lion who does that is downright silly, since doing that will scare away whatever that's supposed to be caught and become food. A real lion will creep up silently, and wait until its near enough to pounce on the unsuspecting prey. So why does the devil go around like a roaring lion? That's because, he's a toothless and clawless lion, disarmed and disempowered by our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. The only thing the enemy can do now, is to scare us, to create fear, to make us lose sight of who we are in God's eyes. Therefore, all we have to do now is to cast the devil or the enemy out or away IN THE NAME OF JESUS. And they will HAVE TO GO. Because there is no other name greater than the name of Jesus, that every knee shall bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, every tongue confess that He is Lord. That's in Philippians 2:9-11. Everything must go in the name of Jesus. Greater is He Who is in us than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4). You have to know that!

So, with the facts straightened out, let's get on then with what happened to me. I was sleeping, until at around 3am, I was "awakened" by the presence of "it", or "them". I couldn't tell how many. And I didn't SEE it, or them. But I know it's the enemy(s). Of course, I felt fear, but I know what I had to do. I commanded it to get out of my house in the name of Jesus. And then, I took the anointing oil and pour it over my head all over me. When I had finished pouring it, I realised that I took the wrong bottle! LOL... No wonder it felt refreshing, like menthol, camphor or eucalyptus oil! LOL... And when that happened, I "woke up". A dream?

And then I saw the real bottle sitting there on my table, so I took it and dabbed some on my the top of my head, and drew a cross on my front door and back door. And soon afterwards, the thing(s) left. And when that happened, I woke up, for the second time. I was like, what? That didn't actually happen? I touched my hair, and inspected my front door... nope no sign of anointing oil. But it was sooooo real that I really thought it happened. And how can someone wake up twice??? Does it mean that in my dream, I was dreaming? Weird huh?

Nonetheless, whether it's real or not (real enough for me), the moral of the story is, do not be afraid of the enemy. They can't do anything to you, unless you let them, or do things that opens the door for the enemy to come in.

And ooppss, I've got to go. This post is getting too long (again!). Have a great weekend friends! And God bless you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

I have woken up 3 times in a dream, same cases as u, i was being hunted by something really horid, then i woke feeling relived it was a dream, next thing i know i walk out my family was dead n there was the monster! again i woke up... n was like phew dream only, then again it appeared next to me, finally i woke up for real.. :S

Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home